I am doing this post in collaboration with my friend and fellow blogger Amelia from the blog You Can Always Start Now – we thought it would be a neat way to collab and probably discover things we didn’t know we needed or wanted hahaha. We aren’t going to see each other’s lists until our posts are published.
On my wish list are the following 10 items, complete with links to where you can find them.
- Sheepskin throw rug – sheepskin is naturally warm, soft and luxurious. A throw rug like this is so versatile as a rug for low traffic areas or thrown over a chair or side of a couch. I think this one from Crate & Barrel is affordable and it makes me want to run out and buy it.
- Santa Gnome from IKEA – I look forward to the new items that IKEA puts out each year and look forward to visiting my local store to see all the wonder that is IKEA, especially at Christmas. This guy warmed my heart and @ $19.99 I think he’d put a smile on anyone’s face. Do you see him hanging out beside the tree?
- Amaryllis – is a popular holiday plant. Tall and graceful, this holiday flower bulb can make a statement as a centerpiece on the table and its trumpet like huge flowers look like they are harking the Christmas holidays. Typically, the red varieties of Amaryllis are sold for the holidays, but they come in colors ranging from red to white to pink to orange and petals that are solid, striped or speckled in all of these colors. You can get a kit at most big box stores or even at your local grocery store – I saw them for $8.99 at No Frills last week. I need to go back and get one.
Read more at Gardening Know How: A List Of Plants And Flowers For Christmas https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/info/christmas-plants-flowers.htm
4. A new cookbook – I really enjoy cooking and baking and around Christmas time I make a bit more time to do both. I have seen this cookbook floating around in my travels and liked the concept so it went on my list “Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat – Mastering the Elements of Good Cooking” by Samin Nosrat. I found one on-line and have seen it at Costco for around $23.00
5. If you like popcorn, you’ve got to check out this next item.
I’m not that girl who buys microwave popcorn as a snack, usually the only time I eat popcorn is if I go to the movie theater. I was recently gifted a bag of this deliciousness and was instantly hooked. I’m adding it on my wishlist as a possible stocking stuffer – hint, hint, family members.
6. Body scrubs & body butters – I particularly like The Body Shop body scrubs and butters, like the British Rose Instant Glow Body Butter starting at $6.00 and the British Rose exfoliation Gel Body Scrub for $22.00
Of course you can always make your own, which I also enjoy doing and giving as gifts. Here is a link for 10 body scrub diy recipes from diycandy.
7. Intuitive Candles – from Intuitivecandles.com are hand-crafted soy candles made in New Brunswick, Canada, each candle has a hidden intuitive gift inside.
Why are they called Intuitive? “Each of us is intuitive when we take the time to listen to our inner voice that doesn’t need words.” When you order a candle, it is made for you personally using the finest products made from pure 100% soybeans and carefully selected botanical oils, then a crystal is embedded in your candle that will reflect qualities and values that will enhance your environment. Priced at $34.99 each, with a wide variety of scents to choose from.
8. Wall Mounted Paper Holder – I recently renovated my kitchen and I think a wall mounted paper holder would be great for so many things, like reminder notes, grocery lists, writing out menus for dinner parties. I found this one on-line for $109 (us $) I am still looking for a vintage one but I do like this one – it’s from schoolhouse.com
9. An essential oil holder – I buy, use and adore dōTERRA essential oils. I have quite a lot of them but no way to store them (embarrassingly I admit I keep them in a big Ziploc bag in a drawer). I need an essential oil holder to keep them in order and for easy access. This one is simple and economical for $17.50 and holds 25 bottles of essential oils. You can find this and many other wonderful products at dōTERRA’s official website.
10. Last but not least a whale plant holder – by Priscilla Ramos of cumbucachic on-line at Etsy. This one is my favorite but at $66.84 it will probably be on my list for a while.
Well that’s my list, can’t wait to see what is on Amelia’s. Do you have items on your wish list? I’d love to hear what they are.
This was fun, I’m glad she came up with the idea. It’s A Wandaful Thing!
Be sure to follow me at all these lovely places:
Twitter @awandafulthing, https://www.facebook.com/awandafulthing
Thanks for stopping by….until next time.