A WandafulThing 12 Days of Christmas 2020 – Day 10
Thank you for joining me for my 12 Days of Christmas 2020.
A link to the previous days will be at the end of this post.
This year I am going back to basics of why I started my blog and that was to inspire you to make, bake, create and decorate, all on a budget of course. From now until the end of November, I will share some simple, easy and budget friendly ideas just in time for the holidays.
Day 10: DIY Twig & Washi Tape Card
Very little material and a lot of effect for this DIY special holiday card, with a Christmas tree stylized by a small twig covered with strips of washi tape.
This couldn’t be simpler and no special tools required.
What you will need:
- Cardstock – one piece of 8.5 x 11 will yield two cards, cut the card stock in two and fold each piece in half. You should have two 4.25″ x 5.5″ cards ready for embellishment.
- Twig(s) – smaller ones work better (1/4 inch or less in diameter). I literally walked out my front door and grabbed one off my Caragana tree.
- Washi tape – you can use different colors for each piece or, as I did, just the one color for all the strips.
- Center the twig on the front of your card.
- Cut four strips of washi tape, start with the largest and gradually make the next three smaller
- Put the largest piece of tape at the bottom of the tree, leaving enough sticking out for the trunk, evenly space the next three strips and work your way up the tree from the largest stirp of washi tape to the smallest.
- Voila! you are done and your card is reading for giving!
- You can draw in a star at the top or leave it blank, like I did.
Simply, easy DIY Twig & Washi Tape Christmas Card – It’s AWandafulThing!
You may also like this Reindeer Greeting Card from a previous 12 Days of Christmas
You can follow me at all these lovely places:
Thanks for stopping by….until next time.