I thought I’d share this countdown to Christmas checklist with you. My fellow blogger and friend over at You Can Always Start Now sent this to me and gave me her blessing to share with my readers.
This is counting down backwards to Christmas Day!
- Clean out the fridge and freezer to free up space
- Gather your holiday recipes and cross-reference the ingredients you have with the ones you’ll need to buy
- Check your inventory of cookware, serving pieces, and food storage containers to see what’s missing. If you’re in need of something, contact a family member or friend to see if you can borrow or share items.
- Shop for groceries and pick up everything you’ll need to complete your holiday recipes. If it CAN be baked or cooked ahead of time, buy the ingredients now.
- Be sure to purchase plenty of frozen hors d’oeuvres and finger foods, they are a lifesaver when guests drop by unexpectedly.
- If you have kids at home, hire a babysitter rather than taking them with you to shop. Shopping alone with help you stay focused.
- Cook any dishes ahead of time that you can. Casseroles, appetizers and desserts can be frozen, thus saving you time on the big day.
- Before starting your cooking and baking, lay out all the ingredients and baking supplies you’ll need. Try to clean as you go minimizing the mess.