I started this post almost a year ago but didn’t know whether I should share it or not or if anyone would really want to read it but I decided to update and finish it and take a chance and do this for me!
Please bear with me as I pour my heart out.
BUT if you really don’t want to read the whole thing, just skip to the end where I summarize and tell you about my lessons learned!
- got fed up with life early in 2013 – needed a life change
- ended a relationship that we both really tried hard to figure out
- moved 5000 kms away from everyone I knew and loved in October 2013
- had no job for the first four months, cleaned apartments to have a roof over my head
- the people (friends) who you thought would support your decision didn’t – OUCH!!
- Christmas of 2013 was the lowest point I had reached in quite sometime (a year after the death of someone I held very close to my heart and still miss). I had none of the “usual” things surrounding me that I took for granted – started to think I made a mistake and was contemplating my place in this big wide world
- eventually found a job in a similar field to what I left behind but I was miserable almost every single day and the commute was 2 hours 20 minutes per day -ugh!
- found new love and started a new life BUT nothing seemed easy (much turmoil in this relationship but that’s for another day)
- one of the people who kept in touch (and still does almost daily) is a true inspiration and encouraged me because she told me she admires me and believes in me – POWERFUL WORDS that I needed and I don’t think she realized just how much – this I am forever grateful for
- I had some very bad luck with my health for what seemed like almost an entire year (mid 2014- mid 2015), a surgery that went wrong, three trips to hospital by ambulance, two that resulted in overnight stays and another surgery
- I needed to take charge of my life and get things back on track and find things that made me happy
- thanks to the encouragement of my dear friend I started blogging again after a long hiatus – changed the name to be more reflective of who I am today
- when I moved I liquidated most of the things I had collected, then when I got settled into my new life I started missing some of those things, especially the things that bring back good memories
- I slowly started to collect vintage items again, it sort of turned into an obsession, which turned into an on-line vintage FB and Etsy selling business
- I changed jobs after 15 months and it was the best move for me, my commute now is only 17 minutes each way