Spring has Sprung (ok it says so on my calendar). While it’s true here where I live in Canada I am still under a blanket of snow that doesn’t mean I’m not getting excited to decorate for Spring. For some reason when I think about Spring decorating,Easter bunnies pop into my head.
I was searching around on the internet to give me some ideas to transform my now blah looking front porch. I found some ideas that I loved and hope you will too.
Is this not adorable or what?? Look at those giant bunnies – check out all of her fabulous decorating ideas at the Seasonal Home.
Forsythia always signals Spring to me and when I saw this wreath in a bucket, it got me to thinking I might be able to pull this off……maybe – ok I don’t have a table to use but I do have an old chair…..hmmmm. Check out the full post here.
This Vintage inspired porch decor is simply awe inspiring – there is more to see check it out here.
Ok the rabbit in this one had me at “hello” more here Continue reading Spring Porch Decorating Ideas
I started this post almost a year ago but didn’t know whether I should share it or not or if anyone would really want to read it but I decided to update and finish it and take a chance and do this for me!
Please bear with me as I pour my heart out.
BUT if you really don’t want to read the whole thing, just skip to the end where I summarize and tell you about my lessons learned!
- got fed up with life early in 2013 – needed a life change
- ended a relationship that we both really tried hard to figure out
- moved 5000 kms away from everyone I knew and loved in October 2013
- had no job for the first four months, cleaned apartments to have a roof over my head
- the people (friends) who you thought would support your decision didn’t – OUCH!!
- Christmas of 2013 was the lowest point I had reached in quite sometime (a year after the death of someone I held very close to my heart and still miss). I had none of the “usual” things surrounding me that I took for granted – started to think I made a mistake and was contemplating my place in this big wide world
- eventually found a job in a similar field to what I left behind but I was miserable almost every single day and the commute was 2 hours 20 minutes per day -ugh!
- found new love and started a new life BUT nothing seemed easy (much turmoil in this relationship but that’s for another day)
- one of the people who kept in touch (and still does almost daily) is a true inspiration and encouraged me because she told me she admires me and believes in me – POWERFUL WORDS that I needed and I don’t think she realized just how much – this I am forever grateful for
- I had some very bad luck with my health for what seemed like almost an entire year (mid 2014- mid 2015), a surgery that went wrong, three trips to hospital by ambulance, two that resulted in overnight stays and another surgery
- I needed to take charge of my life and get things back on track and find things that made me happy
- thanks to the encouragement of my dear friend I started blogging again after a long hiatus – changed the name to be more reflective of who I am today
- when I moved I liquidated most of the things I had collected, then when I got settled into my new life I started missing some of those things, especially the things that bring back good memories
- I slowly started to collect vintage items again, it sort of turned into an obsession, which turned into an on-line vintage FB and Etsy selling business
- I changed jobs after 15 months and it was the best move for me, my commute now is only 17 minutes each way
Continue reading Part of my story and the things I’m grateful for…
As February fast approaches, I figured it was high time I put away the Christmas Wreath and dug out my Heart Shaped Valentine wreath. This was one of my favorite projects from 2015 so I thought I’d repost it. It is an easy DIY project that you could definitely get made before February 14.
I love Valentine’s Day but I always love to save money and make crafts as frugally and as easily as I can:). I had already been to my local Dollar Tree to purchase some items for my Valentine Tablescape, which included some thin vinyl tablecloths.
To make the heart shape wreath pictured above, you will need: Continue reading Vinyl Valentine Day Wreath – DIY
It seems like forever since I shared some of my favorite DIY projects.
I must confess, working a full-time job, running a part-time vintage sale business and tying to squeeze in all those projects on my “to-do” list, I haven’t had much time to read my favorite blogs or check out some of my favorite sites and share what I’ve discovered.
I changed that up this week and got all caught up on my favorite blogs/bloggers and visited some of my favorite sites and I’m anxious and excited to share a few of my new favorite things. Continue reading DIY – Easy Projects I Love!!!
I am sure I am not alone when I say I buy things with good intentions of doing something with them.
This was true when I purchased flowers and plants in pots from my local greenhouse and Costco that I intended on putting in a flower bed.
As you can see there were lots of plants to choose from.
These found their way in my cart!!!
Needless to say, time got away from me and I didn’t get that flower bed dug and I was at that point of do something now or lose the plants… Continue reading Whimsical Repurposed Flower Containers