December Craft Challenge – make or create something using cork.
This is the last craft challenge for 2016, if this is the first time you are visiting this blog here is the scoop on what has been happening over the last 12 months. On the Third Monday of every month, Amelia (my friend and fellow blogger) have done a project or post based on one chosen DIY craft or theme, then we share our results and hopefully have inspired you to join the challenge. (The links to my challenge results can be found at the end of this post).
Last month the challenge was to make a wreath or create something to hang on your front door for Christmas. I found a picture frame at one of my favorite thrift stores and spent one whole dollar on it so I could use the frame. The result is shown above.
This month the challenge was to make something using cork. On one of my many trips to my favorite thrift store I picked up a package of 12 plain cork coasters for $0.50
I hail from the East Coast of Canada where the nautical theme abounds. When I saw these free printables at Mod Podge Rocks Blog I decided to make my own so I could enjoy a bit of the East in the West. There is a full step by step tutorial over at Mod Podge Rocks Blog.
Here are the four prints I chose.
A set of four or eight coasters tied with some twine would make a great hostess or neighbor gift, at anytime of the year.
Amelia from You Can Always Start Now decided to use wine corks for her December monthly challenge. Continue reading December Craft Challenge
I have been blogging under the name “A Wandaful Thing” for slightly over a year now and it’s been a lot of fun.
The following posts are my top 15 favorites for 2015. These posts (and those responsible for them) inspired me, helped me, challenged me and impressed me.
Without further adieu…I hope you enjoy them as much I as did.
- Farmhouse Master Bedroom redo from Prodigal Pieces – so many vintage pieces – LOVE IT!!
2. DIY Bathroom Vanity by Shanty 2 Chic – this post comes complete with downloadable building plans. I simply adore this idea as my “only” bathroom is about this size and it has been hard to find a small vanity that will fit. I hope I am able to try this project in 2016.
3. This inspiration board from is from my friend Amelia at You Can Always Start Now. I am envious of how full her board is but also inspired to make one of my own.
4. Old rusty bucket turned into a flower-pot from Petticoat Junktion – this woman makes so many cool things from vintage and flea market finds – you just have to check her out.
5. Under 30 minutes, easy, gorgeous Spring Wreath from the Bold Abode.
6. DIY coasters and tutorial from Gretchen at Boxy Colonial – she has them entitled coasters for Christmas but you could make them for any occasion – adorable.
7. I have been a BIG fan of Donna at Funk Junk Interiors for a few years now and she has a been an inspiration for some of my own projects. She actually gets two spots on my list this year. This toilet tissue holder made from a crate and an old license plate and (see #8) 🙂
8. Apple Farm Sign with rustic twine also from Funky Junk Interiors – I purchased the stencils and have this on my 2016 project list.
Continue reading Best of 2015: My 15 favorite posts from 2015
I recently posted about a cat bed I made using an old wooden crate and part of a chair that I found discarded and ready for the garbage pile (see that post here).
Since I had only used the legs from the chair and wasn’t quite ready to throw the rest away, I was hopeful that I could find a way to repurpose the rest of it someday.
Inspiration struck when I started to decorate my porch for fall and Halloween.
As I was digging through some stuff in the shed and trying to decide how and what to use to decorate my porch, the chair seat caught my eye
Continue reading Repurpose a Chair Seat into a Rustic Wooden Pumpkin
I am here to round up 10 Easy Halloween crafts and the best part is all of these crafts take 30 minutes or less to make. No excuses … You do have time to get creative and make something this Halloween!
For instructions on each project click on the underlined titles.
Mason Jar Lid Spider
Halloween Decor Jars
Canning Jar Ring Pumpkin
Continue reading 10 Easy Halloween Crafts
Wow another month is almost over, where did that time go? Halloween is just around the corner and then for those of us living in Canada, we will be on the countdown to Christmas and don’t ya just know I’ve been looking at sites and pins regarding Christmas already 🙂 Continue reading 5 Blogs to Follow week of October 27-November 02