A WandafulThing 12 Days of Christmas 2020 – Day 12
Thank you for joining me for my 12 Days of Christmas 2020.
Well here we are at the end of the series. If you want to see what you missed, be sure to see all the links at the end of this post.
This year I went back to basics of why I started my blog and that was to inspire you to make, bake, create and decorate, all on a budget of course. You still have time to try some of these simple, easy and budget friendly ideas just in time for the holidays.
Day 12: Holiday Coconut Lemon Loaf
For the last day of the 12 Days of Christmas series, I am sharing a brand new to me recipe. I love coconut and lemon so why not combine the two into one delicious dessert. This coconut lemon loaf will be a hit at any holiday gathering.
This cake gets its amazing lemon flavor from a combination of lemon zest and lemon juice. It gets a triple dose of coconut from coconut yogurt, shredded coconut and coconut oil.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan and set aside.
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup coconut yogurt I used full-fat coconut Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium-large lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
For the cream cheese frosting you will need:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 ounces of cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1–2 tablespoons milk or half and half
- Shredded coconut and lemon zest optional garnish
Instructions for the loaf:
In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and shredded coconut.
In a large bowl, whisk yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, coconut oil and almond extract until well combined. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until well combined, the batter will be thick.
Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place the pan on a rack to cool.
To make the frosting:
Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until combined. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon milk, almond extract and lemon zest and beat until combined. If the frosting is too thick add additional milk to thin it out. Spread the frosting on the cooled cake and top with shredded coconut and lemon zest.
Lemon Coconut Loaf – It’s AWandafulThing!
You can follow me at all these lovely places:
Thanks for stopping by….until next time.