I started this post almost a year ago but didn’t know whether I should share it or not or if anyone would really want to read it but I decided to update and finish it and take a chance and do this for me!
Please bear with me as I pour my heart out.
BUT if you really don’t want to read the whole thing, just skip to the end where I summarize and tell you about my lessons learned!
- got fed up with life early in 2013 – needed a life change
- ended a relationship that we both really tried hard to figure out
- moved 5000 kms away from everyone I knew and loved in October 2013
- had no job for the first four months, cleaned apartments to have a roof over my head
- the people (friends) who you thought would support your decision didn’t – OUCH!!
- Christmas of 2013 was the lowest point I had reached in quite sometime (a year after the death of someone I held very close to my heart and still miss). I had none of the “usual” things surrounding me that I took for granted – started to think I made a mistake and was contemplating my place in this big wide world
- eventually found a job in a similar field to what I left behind but I was miserable almost every single day and the commute was 2 hours 20 minutes per day -ugh!
- found new love and started a new life BUT nothing seemed easy (much turmoil in this relationship but that’s for another day)
- one of the people who kept in touch (and still does almost daily) is a true inspiration and encouraged me because she told me she admires me and believes in me – POWERFUL WORDS that I needed and I don’t think she realized just how much – this I am forever grateful for
- I had some very bad luck with my health for what seemed like almost an entire year (mid 2014- mid 2015), a surgery that went wrong, three trips to hospital by ambulance, two that resulted in overnight stays and another surgery
- I needed to take charge of my life and get things back on track and find things that made me happy
- thanks to the encouragement of my dear friend I started blogging again after a long hiatus – changed the name to be more reflective of who I am today
- when I moved I liquidated most of the things I had collected, then when I got settled into my new life I started missing some of those things, especially the things that bring back good memories
- I slowly started to collect vintage items again, it sort of turned into an obsession, which turned into an on-line vintage FB and Etsy selling business
- I changed jobs after 15 months and it was the best move for me, my commute now is only 17 minutes each way
Continue reading Part of my story and the things I’m grateful for…