I originally posted about this Challenge on December 31, 2014 but heck we are already a week into January 2015 and I want to invite you again to take part in this Valentine’s Day Tablescape Challenge – just in case you forgot and got sidetracked with all those other blogger challenges taking part out there 🙂
Ever since I started packing up the Christmas Decorations to put them away (a trip to the hospital and then eye surgery slowed me down a wee bit) I’ve been chomping at the bit and hurting my brain thinking about the Valentine’s Day Tablescape Challenge. Continue reading Valentine’s Day Tablescape Challenge
I’m sure everyone is busy getting ready to celebrate a new year coming in and here I am already thinking about Valentine’s Day. I am inviting you to join me in this challenge.
Continue reading CHALLENGE: Make it pretty – January Challenge #2
52 WEEK MONEY CHALLENGE
I am going to start this challenge in January 2015 and this will be one of my yearly challenges.
I am sure you have all heard of it as it has been on the internet for quite awhile. It is the easiest way to save over $1300 in one year.
Continue reading CHALLENGE: January Challenge #1 Save over $1300
December’s Snippet from the East Coast Surly Mermaid…
Let’s be nice this season.
I am aware that I am snippy and from time to time and have been known to wear that dreaded “resting bitch face,” but as the Holidays fast approach, I am doing my best to try to be nice. Holy crap it’s hard.
I am determined to be nice to retail workers. I figure that they have families to feed and lives outside of the stores. I can’t even imagine all the crap and stupidity that they must withstand daily. Continue reading Let’s be nice this season -Snippet from the Surly Mermaid
I thought I’d share this countdown to Christmas checklist with you. My fellow blogger and friend over at You Can Always Start Now sent this to me and gave me her blessing to share with my readers.
This is counting down backwards to Christmas Day!
- Clean out the fridge and freezer to free up space
- Gather your holiday recipes and cross-reference the ingredients you have with the ones you’ll need to buy
- Check your inventory of cookware, serving pieces, and food storage containers to see what’s missing. If you’re in need of something, contact a family member or friend to see if you can borrow or share items.
- Shop for groceries and pick up everything you’ll need to complete your holiday recipes. If it CAN be baked or cooked ahead of time, buy the ingredients now.
- Be sure to purchase plenty of frozen hors d’oeuvres and finger foods, they are a lifesaver when guests drop by unexpectedly.
- If you have kids at home, hire a babysitter rather than taking them with you to shop. Shopping alone with help you stay focused.
- Cook any dishes ahead of time that you can. Casseroles, appetizers and desserts can be frozen, thus saving you time on the big day.
- Before starting your cooking and baking, lay out all the ingredients and baking supplies you’ll need. Try to clean as you go minimizing the mess.
Continue reading Christmas Checklist
WELCOME TO DAY 12 (the last day)OF MY 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS DECORATING, CRAFT AND GIFT IDEA CHALLENGE.
Today is the conclusion of my 12 Days of Christmas decorating, craft and gift idea challenge. I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed doing it. It isn’t my last post for this year as I have a few more things I want to cram in to 2014 before it’s over so stay tuned!!! 🙂 Without further adieu – Day 12
Look at this BIG pointsettia I purchased at Costco this year for $19.97, isn’t it a beaut??
Since I don’t have a lot of Christmas decorations (a story for another day) I wanted this beautiful pointsettia to be more of a “feature” decoration in the house and couldn’t decide how to do that……u n t i l Continue reading Day 12: Coca-Cola crate for displaying Pointsettia
WELCOME TO DAY 11 OF MY 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS DECORATING, CRAFT AND GIFT IDEA CHALLENGE.
During my many visits on Pinterest I saw a variety of ornaments made from used corks.
I decided to try my hand at them. I had to purchase my corks online and found some used corks at Jelinek Cork Group.
I also searched the internet for the easiest way to cut the corks and after many different opinions decided to use the steam method. Continue reading Day 11: Cork Ornaments