I love using a Slow Cooker so much I own two of them (different sizes).
With the colder weather here in Alberta right now, this is the perfect time to dig out the slow cooker and give some recipes a try. Here are 10 recipes you should try.
- Blackberry Jam – If you like jam, go check out Healing Tomato for a great easy recipe, and don’t ya just love the name of that blog?
2. Baked Potatoes – if you don’t want to wait an hour when you get home from work for a scrumptious baked potato try making them in the slow cooker. The One Pot Chef will show you how. I make these quite often and they are yummy.
3. Meatloaf – this is on the menu for this week (Wednesday). Meatloaf is a comfort food in my world and this recipe from Modernly Morgan is one of the easiest and tastiest I’ve tried.
4. Porcupine Meatballs – over at 365 days of slow cooking you will find 2 ways to make porcupine meatballs. I really like these with the marinara sauce.
5. Bacon Mushroom Swiss Chicken – okay I love this one, bacon- yes, mushrooms – yes, chicken – yes, and swiss cheese – oh my god YES!! It’s just a winning combination and another adorable blog name Recipes that Crock – bah ha ha – love it!!