I thought I’d share this countdown to Christmas checklist with you. My fellow blogger and friend over at You Can Always Start Now sent this to me and gave me her blessing to share with my readers.
This is counting down backwards to Christmas Day!
- Clean out the fridge and freezer to free up space
- Gather your holiday recipes and cross-reference the ingredients you have with the ones you’ll need to buy
- Check your inventory of cookware, serving pieces, and food storage containers to see what’s missing. If you’re in need of something, contact a family member or friend to see if you can borrow or share items.
- Shop for groceries and pick up everything you’ll need to complete your holiday recipes. If it CAN be baked or cooked ahead of time, buy the ingredients now.
- Be sure to purchase plenty of frozen hors d’oeuvres and finger foods, they are a lifesaver when guests drop by unexpectedly.
- If you have kids at home, hire a babysitter rather than taking them with you to shop. Shopping alone with help you stay focused.
- Cook any dishes ahead of time that you can. Casseroles, appetizers and desserts can be frozen, thus saving you time on the big day.
- Before starting your cooking and baking, lay out all the ingredients and baking supplies you’ll need. Try to clean as you go minimizing the mess.
Continue reading Christmas Checklist
WELCOME TO DAY 12 (the last day)OF MY 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS DECORATING, CRAFT AND GIFT IDEA CHALLENGE.
Today is the conclusion of my 12 Days of Christmas decorating, craft and gift idea challenge. I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed doing it. It isn’t my last post for this year as I have a few more things I want to cram in to 2014 before it’s over so stay tuned!!! 🙂 Without further adieu – Day 12
Look at this BIG pointsettia I purchased at Costco this year for $19.97, isn’t it a beaut??
Since I don’t have a lot of Christmas decorations (a story for another day) I wanted this beautiful pointsettia to be more of a “feature” decoration in the house and couldn’t decide how to do that……u n t i l Continue reading Day 12: Coca-Cola crate for displaying Pointsettia
WELCOME TO DAY 11 OF MY 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS DECORATING, CRAFT AND GIFT IDEA CHALLENGE.
During my many visits on Pinterest I saw a variety of ornaments made from used corks.
I decided to try my hand at them. I had to purchase my corks online and found some used corks at Jelinek Cork Group.
I also searched the internet for the easiest way to cut the corks and after many different opinions decided to use the steam method. Continue reading Day 11: Cork Ornaments
WELCOME TO DAY 10 OF MY 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS DECORATING, CRAFT AND GIFT IDEA CHALLENGE.
We had a temporary “get us through the winter safely” fix up on our front door step recently and I was so excited when I discovered there was left over 4×4 lumber.
So, just like back in October re the wooden pumpkins I made with the pieces of 4×4 that L cut for me. Shown here…I had L do the same thing with the leftover 4×4 from the front door fix. He cut and sanded for me 1 x 6″ high, 1 x 8″ high and 1 x 10″ high, only this time he drilled a hole in the middle on top using a 1 3/4″ spade bit for a tea light candle. Continue reading Day 10: 4×4 Tiered Candle Holders
WELCOME TO DAY 9 OF MY 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS DECORATING, CRAFT AND GIFT IDEA CHALLENGE.
If you have been reading this blog for any length of time then you probably know that I have a hard time throwing things out, I prefer to recycle, reuse or repurpose whenever possible. I had a pretty big stash of toilet tissue paper tubes waiting to be turned into wall art or Christmas ornaments.
Continue reading Day 9: Oranaments from Recycled Toilet Tissue Tubes
WELCOME TO DAY 8 OF MY 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS DECORATING, CRAFT AND GIFT IDEA CHALLENGE.
What do Roseanne Cash, Janie Fricke and Tina Turner (vinyl LP)have in common in my household??
They became serving bowls for some of my christmas goodies!!!
Remember the vinyl records I picked up at the “Use it or Lose it” event (I’ve mentioned a few times before…) one of them turned into my Vinyl Snowman wall hanging (see below) and three more became serving bowls.
There are lots of tutorials on-line to melt vinyl LP records into various objects. Here is a link to the one I used and pretty much followed it to the letter. Continue reading Day 8: Vinyl Serving Bowls
WELCOME TO DAY 7 OF MY 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS DECORATING, CRAFT AND GIFT IDEA CHALLENGE.
I am just cresting the half way mark through my 12 days of Christmas decorating, craft and gift idea challenge and I hope you have enjoyed it so far.
Today, I share a recipe for my version of Merry Christmas Salsa.
The gift of my Merry Christmas Salsa to my family and very close friends each year has been going on for a long time, so I decided I am officially going to call it a tradition. Continue reading Day 7: Merry Christmas Salsa Tradition