Here’s a simple and delicious recipe for a blueberry loaf:
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan, or line it with parchment paper for easy removal.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy using an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the sour cream. Start and end with the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined after each addition.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries, being careful not to overmix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the blueberry loaf cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until you achieve a smooth glaze consistency.
- Once the loaf has cooled, drizzle the glaze over the top of the loaf.
- Allow the glaze to set before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your delicious blueberry loaf as a sweet treat for breakfast or as a delightful dessert! Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a few days.