Day 11- A WandafulThing 12 Days of Christmas 2020
A WandafulThing 12 Days of Christmas 2020 – Day 11
Thank you for joining me for my 12 Days of Christmas 2020.
Well here we are almost at the end of the series. If you want to see what you missed, be sure to see the links at the end of this post.
This year I am going back to basics of why I started my blog and that was to inspire you to make, bake, create and decorate, all on a budget of course. From now until the end of November, I will share some simple, easy and budget friendly ideas just in time for the holidays.
Day 11: DIY Vertical JOY Sign
Today, I’m showing you how to make this cute vertical Christmas JOY sign. This sign is so simple but turned out so pretty. I love how the color of letters match the berries on the wreath. Read on for the full tutorial.
Here’s what you need:
- Wood for Sign (14″x 7″ I used pine)
- Mini Wreath (I made mine with an extra piece of garland)
- Acrylic Paint & Brush
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Transfer Tape
- Weeding Tool
- Electronic cutter (cricut explore, silhouette or other cutter)(If you don’t have a Cricut, Silhouette etc., you can use premade letters from a craft store)
What to do:
Paint your wood with whatever color you want your letters to be (I used white acrylic paint), I applied three coats with a sponge brush, allowing each one to dry inbetween coats.
- Open the design software program for whatever vinyl cutter machine you have (I have a Cricut Maker).
- Open a text box and type the letters J Y – size letters to 3″wide x 3″high.
- When everything is sized correctly, you can cut the design with your Cricut or Silhouette. I used Oracle 651 in a peach color as I had it leftover from another project.
- Once it has finished cutting, weed away the excess vinyl.
- Cut a piece of transfer tape a little bigger than the design and place it sticky side up on your work surface. Then, place the vinyl on top of the transfer tape. Rub over the design with your scraper and trim off the excess transfer tape. Then, cut apart the letters.
- Grab your vinyl letters and the mini wreath and place them on the sign.
- Space everything out so it looks even. Remove the vinyl backing from one of the letters. Position it on the wood sign. Match the straight edges of the stencil with the straight edges of the sign. Repeat with the other letter.
- Next paint two or three coats of red paint over the entire sign to cover the letters and all of the white paint.
- Once the red paint is dry, carefully peel off the vinyl letters.
- I used a semi-gloss spray varnish to seal the sign before adding the mini wreath with hot glue.
Your JOY vertical sign is now ready to display.
Simply, easy JOY Vertical Sign – It’s AWandafulThing!
Day 1- 12 Days of Christmas 2020 – Papercraft Angel
Day 2- 12 Days of Christmas 2020 – Painted glass jar candle holder
Day 3 – 12 Days of Christmas 2020 – Macrame Keychain
Day 4 – 12 Days of Christmas 2020 – DIY Holiday Straws
Day 5 – 12 Days of Christmas 2020 – No Bake Energy Balls
Day 6- 12 Days of Christmas 2020 – DIY Christmas Bulb Napkin RIngs
Day 7 -12 Days of Christmas 2020 – DIY Nutcracker Place Card Holders
Day 8 – 12 Days of Christmas 2020 – DIY Honey Lavender Sugar Scrub
Day 9 – 12 Days of Christmas 2020 – Sweet & Salty Holiday Candy
Day 10 – 12 Days of Christmas 2020 – DIY Twig & Washi Tape Card
You can follow me at all these lovely places:
Thanks for stopping by….until next time.
Love the red and white. It pops and the wreath is a nice addition.
Comments are closed.